Process Shift Leader
Global business with a long established South Wales manufacturing site
Opportunity to develop and progress
About Our Client
A Global leading Manufacturing organisation who have been established in Cardiff South Wales for many years.
As the Process Shift Leader (Cardiff) your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the Health & Safety of all employees within area of responsibility at all times. Carry out daily / weekly H&S audits as defined.
- Ensure the highest levels of housekeeping within the department are maintained.
- Carry out 1st stage disciplinary warnings as necessary for both timekeeping and discipline related issues.
- Carry out risk assessments for departmental tasks in conjunction with appropriate skills from within team and engineering.
- Write safe working procedures for operations within the department following the necessary risk assessments being completed.
- Ensure timely bookings of production into SAP and ensure that production is in line with the manufacturing plans.
- Co-ordinate the labour resource across the department on shift, including holiday cover contingencies, and liaise with fellow Process Owners on shift in other area's if necessary to achieve production priorities.
- Monitor and control scrap bookings on shift and implement corrective actions within procedures.
- Ensure all processes and procedures are adhered to at all times, and quality checks are carried out to the correct frequencies.
- Carry out appraisals of Team Leaders and ensure good team spirit within and across departments.
- Deputise for the Production Manager in their absence.
- Where necessary ensure all Environmental controls and procedures are religiously carried out.
- Maintain all KPI shift information and endorse 5S / TPM principles in the workplace.
The Successful Applicant
As the Process Shift Leader (Cardiff) you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Ambitious and career minded individual with Team Leader/Supervisory experience gained in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience of managing people.
- A good knowledge of IT systems with particular skills in Excel & Word packages.
- Experience of working with Senior Management Team.
- Previous experience of carrying out risk assessments in the workplace would be an advantage.
- Good communication skills and able to liaise across all areas of manufacturing.
- Flexible and adaptable to meet demanding business needs.
- Target and objective driven.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
What's on Offer
£30,000 to £35,000 dependant on experience, excellent benefits package and shift allowance.