Opportunity to develop a career in procurement
About Our Client
Public sector organisation
- Working with business area leads and key stakeholders to ensure that the organisation's Procurement data & strategy and vision for data are articulated and understood.
- Ensure greater visibility for data owners and data users through raising awareness and understanding of data quality across the organsiation.
- Continual data maintenance of the Delta Procurement system to ensure contract registries are complete.
- Ensure all supplier accreditations, insurances and industry standards are updated, tracked / monitored and reported.
- Performs market research / provides market intelligence (key player financial health, cost / demand / supply drivers, price forecasting).
- Review the capabilities of potential new sources of supply within predefined criteria in partnership with the Procurement BP's.
- Presents insights, summaries and recommendations to Procurement BP's to support sourcing initiatives and projects.
- Leading on the development of a consistent approach for the way we capture, update and review our 'primary data fields' and work with business leads to identify what accurate and complete data looks like forthe organisation.
- Support the specification and creation of dashboards / KPI's to quantify the measurement of primary data field accuracy and completeness.
- Work closely with IT team and business leads to identify tools or software that can be used to facilitate the data strategy aims and embed its principles of data governance, management, quality, standards and access.
- Proactively undertake research to identify best practice and innovations around data quality in relevant sectors.
- Management of information governance, procurement, budgets and any relevant contracts ensuring all risks are identified and accounted for.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience and proven passion for data quality role/discipline
- Procurement experience preferred
- Ideally experience of working within an OJEU environment
- Understanding of the importance and impact of procurement and how good data drives the ability of an organisation to meet its outcomes and strategic objectives
- Organised and detailed in your approach
- Good problem solving, negotiation and influencing skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and other MS Office tools. SQL skills desirable
- Highly numerate and able to work with large data sets
- Project Management experience or least understands PM dynamics / requirements
- Performance driven and strong attention to detail.
- Able to demonstrate an awareness of the Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Commitment to achieve exceptional performance in a complex business
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service
What's on Offer
c. £30,000 + benefits