A great opportunity to support a well-established procurement team
Previous purchasing experience and intermediate excel skills are essential
About Our Client
The client I'm representing are a global freight forwarding business based in Merseyside.
As the Procurement Assistant you'll have the following responsibilities:
- Accurately updating and maintaining rates for specific customers within the container rates management system.
- Issuing monthly rates spreadsheets to customers and assisting with the maintenance of fixed price customer agreements within the rates management system.
- Sourcing rates from suppliers for ad-hoc requests and issuing quotations to customers in line with agreed expectations and KPIs.
- Strong knowledge of specific trade and market areas in order to effectively deal with both external customer and internal enquiries.
- Investigation into key business processes such as rate failures, supplier invoice discrepancies and intercompany transactions and resolving external/internal queries within agreed time periods.
- Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with both customers and suppliers to facilitate excellent customer service. Also building strong interdepartmental relationships is key.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in the Procurement Assistant role the client requires that you have excellent verbal and written communication skills that can be adapted to suit individual customer, supplier and internal relationships.
The candidate must be able to work under pressure, and to organise their time to effectively prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
The candidate should possess strong IT skills and be experienced in using Microsoft Office applications (particularly Microsoft Excel).
Experience of working in a customer-facing environment is important, whereas knowledge of the Container Shipping market is desirable, but not essential.
- Commercial Awareness
- Performance Focus
- Team Working
- Interpersonal awareness
What's on Offer