- Strategic Opportunity to take ownership of an untapped multi-category area
- Long term plan of developing a team underneath you
About Our Client
My client is an deeply respected housing association based in central London. They have a deep history of providing housing support across the south with a caring and tenant first mentality. Procurement is respected and valued within the organisation and is very much on the journey of being a truly valued business partner.
The key responsibilities of the Procurement Business Partner - Corporate Services are:-
- Develop and implement category and procurement strategies within a brownfield area of spend, seeking agreement with business areas, to meet the objectives of the Group. Considering such things as stakeholder views, market innovation, best practice and legislative requirements.
- To establish and maintain excellent collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, at all levels of the Group, to deliver joined-up approaches to the delivery of goods, services and works.
- To monitor and review the Groups third party spend to ensure compliance and value for money are achieved. Identifying and realising opportunities for cashable and non-cashable savings
- Establish and maintain an accurate forward plan of contracts covering all current and future requirements
- Lead on high value complex sourcing projects, in line with agreed strategies, taking responsibility for market engagement, option appraisals, the procurement process, evaluations, negotiations and contract execution.
- Provide guidance, or take active lead, of managing key contracts to ensure the delivery of high quality, value for money goods and services that deliver positive outcomes for the Group and its residents. Ensure supplier performance is reported accurately and concisely to a range of stakeholders as required, and areas of under-performing are swiftly addressed.
- Carry out detailed supply market research and engagement, to inform the business planning, identification of opportunities, and engaging with key suppliers at a senior level to identify innovative development opportunities that will contribute to the Group
- To present data / spend findings and option appraisals to senior stakeholders.
- Responsible for working with the Procurement Analyst and Procurement Managers/Officers to capture spend data to ensure that all analysis/strategies can allow informed decisions on procurement activities and in identifying and quantifying savings opportunities
The Successful Applicant
The successful Procurement Business Partner - Corporate Services will demonstrate the following:-
- Experience and knowledge in developing and successfully delivering category, procurement and / or contract management strategies; realising cashable and non-cashable benefits.
- Significant Procurement experience within Corporate and Professional Services
- Experience of developing category strategies in a brownfield area of spend
- Relevant experience as a professional expert in a large complex organisation with expert knowledge in the specialist field.
- Ideally experience in leading a range of public procurement procedures including Competitive Dialogue, Competitive Procedure with Negotiation and establishment of framework agreements.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of the systems, policies, procedures, professional guidelines, legislation, best practice and emerging developments within the scope of the categories of spend.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, including influencing skills and ability to develop business networks and work collaboratively.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Strong presentation skills, good IT skills including MS Office applications and specialist systems.
What's on Offer
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual to come and make something their own. Joining an excellent business that really provides an opportunity to grow and develop!