Procurement Category Lead - Construction
Procurement Category Lead
About Our Client
My client is a leading housing association based in the North West that are going through a period of transformation in their lifecycle and are looking for a Procurement Category Lead to lead the implementation of category management across the organisation.
- Key accountabilities for this role will include motivating and engaging with the Sourcing Managers
- Ensuring the delivery of a high quality service, supporting the Head of Group Procurement in the regular review of the Group Procurement Strategy
- Roadmap and ensuring opportunities for implementing more cost-effective and value adding supply arrangements
- Identify and implement key target strategies effectively.
- You will also lead on regular needs analyses, category analysis and supply chain planning exercises for assigned business areas and ensure continuous improvement of the Procurement service
- Work closely with the senior leadership team to invite feedback, test new concepts and identify improvement opportunities.
The Successful Applicant
- We are looking to engage with professionals with significant previous procurement and category management experience.
- A professional qualification (e.g. MCIPS, RICS or equivalent) is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of working within the Public Sector utilising OJEU Procurement Regulations would be desirable, but not essential.
- Dynamic and motivated
- Passionate about procurement
- Can work alone as part of a time
- Collaborate with the wider business the benefit of good procurement processes
- Can mentor and develop less experienced members of the team
- IT literate and comfortable using Excel spreadsheets
What's on Offer
My client is looking to offer a base salary of up to £52k plus package for the ideal candidate