Procurement Director - Medical
Director level role managing a procurement team
Expanding organisation providing managed services to the Healthcare industry
About Our Client
Managed service provider to the healthcare industry
The responsibilities of the Procurement Director - Medical will be:-
- Assume overall responsibility for the development of the categories and delivery of required business objectives.
- To liaise with all stakeholders to ensure that requirements are understood and that all related category data is accurate.
- Undertake strategic sourcing activities in line with business practice ensuring that these are undertaken with due regard to business policy and legal requirements.
- Manage all stakeholders in terms of meetings and communications to ensure a high level of commitment is secured during the sourcing process.
- Develop category supply strategies that are aimed at delivering key business objectives while satisfying the operational needs of stakeholders.
- Deliver contractual relationships on behalf of stakeholders that meet business objectives and operational requirements.
- Proactively manage the supply base to ensure that appropriate relationships and contractual relationships are in place at all times.
- Undertake supply market research to ensure that the required participants and products/ services are continually in scope.
- Undertake financial analysis to ensure that best value is achieved at all times.
- Proactively manage the post-contractual environment to ensure that all terms and conditions are being applied and related benefits secured.
- Support the adoption of contracts in all relevant circumstances.
- Manage category teams as appropriate to ensure delivery of the above.
- Meet business contractual, savings and participation objectives are met on a continual basis. Where these are not being met, provide and deliver a plan to meet said objectives.
- Support the development and extension of Procurement Capability across the category team.
- To manage risks and conflicts to derive benefits for both public and private customers
- Work with account management colleagues to achieve all contract compliance and uptake targets
- To assume overall responsibility for the creation and execution of the category specific workplan.
- Develop and deliver a procurement Strategy across the sourcing activity to deliver the target benefits and financial savings including approving each category managers purchase category strategy and savings plans
- Engage support and agreement for the strategy from key stakeholders so that implementation and compliance are optimal; promote the effective management of suppliers to sustain value throughout the life of the contract.
- Establish new processes and systems for effective procurement across sourcing to best practice benchmarks; investigate opportunities for broader savings
- Provide specialist advice, guidance and service on leading practice procurement; take the lead in identification, assessment and management of potential risks associate with differing sourcing strategies; provide insight through the analysis of spend, supply markets and savings.
- Define and manage key supplier relationships to deliver breakthrough performance in cost, service and quality, including technical input to negotiations on strategically significant contracts and negotiation and management of third party service providers.
- Develop and agree annual departmental cost savings targets for the annual budget process; develop and agree the annual procurement plan with directors and departmental heads.
- Develop a savings reporting mechanism with finance which is understood and accepted by the user departments. Produce regular reports on performance and provide comprehensive management information and in-depth analysis when requested including spend analysis, savings secured and potential savings - for forecast and budgets.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Procurement Director - Medical will possess:-
- High level proficiency in MS Office
- Proficiency ERP, CRM and MRP systems would be an advantage.
- "Cloud" and other digital data storage systems.
- Knowledge of pan European Procurement practice is desirable.
- Effective stakeholder management (internal and external)
- Ability to prioritise own and others workload.
- Ability to coach and develop people effectively.
- Ability to analyse, evaluate and recommend on risk at strategies level.
- Ability to negotiate at the highest levels with suppliers.
- Ability to apply lateral thinking for problem solving.
- A good technical appreciation of the range of procurement categories
- Competent Project Manager
- Category Management experience in medical areas.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Skills to manage multiple priorities and commitments with strong diary management skills.
- Experience of working with internal and external clients at all levels.
- Proactive and positive approach with a can-do attitude
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills both face-to-face, via phone and on email.
- Highly organised with a thorough approach to work.
- High level of numeracy with proficiency in spreadsheets
- Integrity and ability to manage confidential information.
- Flexible and receptive to change.
What's on Offer
The Procurement Director - Medical can expect to earn £70,000 - £80,000 + benefits