Become part a global organisation with a strong reputation
Manage and be responsible for your own commodities to optomise deliveery
About Our Client
My client is a global defence and military manufacturer that are looking for a Procurement Lead and Senior Procurement Lead based in Barrow-In-Furness to join there purchasing function.
The key responsibilities for this Procurement Lead will be the following;
- Manage a complex subcontract supply base.
- Own you own category/ commodity group with a large spend over low volume.
- Manage the suppliers globally and ensure that the following is taken into consideration; Quality, delivery, design change, change in markets/ requirements, obsolescence and lead times.
- Ensure that metrics and measures are in place to manage suppliers performance and maintain timelines.
- Mitigate risk to avoid any delays where possible throughout supply chain.
The Successful Applicant
The Successful candidate for this defence and military business based in Barrow-In-Furness will be the following;
- Have a good knowledge of subcontract purchasing.
- Be a UK national .
- Existing security clearances would be an advantage.
- Preferably degree qualified.
- Strong purchasing capabilities and able to show and deliver global Supplier management from previous experience.
- Ability to manage own work load or category taking full ownership of this.
What's on Offer
£34,000 - £50,000 + Package