Procurement Manager - BP - Property/FM
Procurement Business Partner
About Our Client
My client is a leading organisation that has an immediate requirement for a Procurement Business Partner position to take full responsibility for the Indirect spend across the business.
- In collaboration with the Senior Procurement Business Partner, develop and deliver a 2 year programme of work. This will include;
- working closely with the Head of Property and other key support function stakeholders across multiple direct spend areas;
- multiple projects to be delivered to agreed timescales;
- identification and implementation of appropriate procurement strategies to meet the needs of the business, while ensuring that contract management life cycle and ongoing supplier management is maintained;
- development, measurement and review of a range of meaningful KPI's and supplier scorecard metrics;
- identify and propose process improvements and innovative opportunities to drive best value through procurement activities, including supplier and spend consolidation;
- ensuring that arrangements procured support the Purchase to Pay process and allow for easy and effective procurement, setting up and utilising cataloguing arrangements where appropriate;
- maintaining accurate records of procurement and contract activity in accordance with internal requirements;
- delivery of savings targets, preferred supplier adherence, contract management, process improvement and risk management (including fair trades).
The Successful Applicant
- Extensive category management experience with Property and Facilities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate excellent team working skills
- Previous experience in a Procurement, Buyer or Supply Chain role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present to and interact with stakeholders at all levels
- Cips or Mcips qualified
- Proven knowledge of sourcing and sound procurement skills
- Takes personal accountability and holds others to account
- Takes responsibility for own development.
- Listens to and respects the opinions of others.
- Asks for, reflects upon and acts on feedback.
- Works collaboratively with others to deliver the best outcomes.
- Actively seeks opportunities for improvement in organisational processes and activity.
- Builds understanding and commitment to transformational change.
- Sets standards for customer service.
What's on Offer
My client is looking to offer a base salary of up to £50k plus very competitive package for the ideal candidate.