Procurement Manager - Direct Materials
Opportunity in a dynamic and fast growing FMCG business.
Must have a strong background buying packaging or direct FMCG materials.
About Our Client
Our client is a consumer goods business, based in North West London, who are the absolute market-leaders at what they do. They create a personal product that is tailor made for each customer, using only the best material that is long lasting and the highest quality. They are the absolute market-leaders at what they do. They create products that are some of the most well known available, using only the best material that is long lasting and the highest quality.
This role will be responsible for souring a number of categories within the procurement function for all sites across Europe. It will be vital that you are able to work to negotiate on major contracts with suppliers, as well as having day to day working with internal stakeholders. The role will also include:
- Strategic responsibility for packaging, print & marketing buying.
- Manage and develop supplier relationships
- Conduct regular reviews of supplier performance in terms of quality, price and service
- Implement a procurement best practice strategy.
- To drive continuous improvement, best value and quality improvements in challenging existing practices and actively seek ways to achieve better outcomes
- Manage relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
The Successful Applicant
- 4 + years in procurement within an FMCG or manufacturing business
- A fun and extrovert personality
- Strong project management skills
- International sourcing experience
- Self-motivated and proactive, enjoy working under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Membership of CIPS is beneficial
What's on Offer
£55,000 to £65,000 (depending on experience)
+ benefits, bonuses & discount