Procurement Manager - Policy & Process
£42,000 - £48,000
Key role within a developed procurement function
Opportunity to further develop skills
About Our Client
Public sector client in the West Midlands
- To be responsible for managing the development and improvement of a robust, auditable and transparent Procurement, Commercial and Contract Management system, that ensures policies, process and templates are developed to support the need to source, select, manage and deliver the diverse range of works, good and services required by the organisation.
- To be responsible for assisting with the implementation and management of measures and review processes to protect the organisation and the commercial programme from non-compliance from Procurement regulations and commercial policies and procedures, inconsistencies of approach to the market, and conflicts of interest.
- To be accountable the delivery of change initiatives from identification through to delivery including approvals and Procure to Pay Control Framework updates.
- To be responsible for delivering process improvement workshops to identify ideas and solutions to support the delivery of greater efficiency through the identification of better ways of working.
- To be responsible for facilitating Lessons Learned reviews and feedback process improvements into the Procure to Pay Control Framework and commercial policies and processes.
- To be responsible for the delivery of Policy and Process training within the directorate and the wider teams as identified.
- To be responsible for regularly liasing with key stakeholders regarding updates to procurement and commercial policies and procedures and ensuring any updates are communicated to the relevant teams.
The Successful Applicant
- Analytical skills with the ability to review and present improvements to processes, procedures, templates and systems
- Ability to produce and present high quality and consistent documents and reports for a variety of audiences
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload
- Ability to manage and facilitate meetings and workshops with internal colleagues and/or suppliers to achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to develop and maintain positive stakeholder relationships across the organisation
- Understanding of procurement and contact management processes
- Preferably knowledge of applicable EU and UK procurement legislation (OJEU) Official Journal of the European Union
- Understanding of continuous improvement methodologies and process mapping.
Type of experience:
- Experience of working within a procurement, contract management or commercial structure
- Experience of systems and reporting applications
- Experience of managing the gathering and analysing information from multiple stakeholders and sources.
What's on Offer
£42,000 - £48,000 + benefits