Procurement Manager - Public Sector
Expanding function within a public sector organisation
True end to end procurement
About Our Client
Our client is a multi-faceted Public Sector organisation, responsible for in excess of 2000 sites across the UK.
The responsibilities of the Procurement Manager will be to:
- Liaise with stakeholder commercial departments to ensure project procurement and delivery are compliant and compatible.
- Ensure compliance with our stakeholder's commercial strategies and ensure a fit-for-purpose supply chain conforming to appropriate procurement standards.
- Ensure that the specification, tender documentation and evaluation process are compliant and have been appropriately assured.
- Ensure that the tender process takes account of commercial best practice and work with suppliers and stakeholders to identify the impact, cost and value within the projects.
- Deliver an effective and appropriate contract management and supplier performance management process.
- Identify and review commercial risk and provide mitigation as necessary.
- Work closely with regional, senior stakeholders to provide commercial advice and support.
- Assist Heads of Estate and Finance Officers to deliver the optimum procurement solutions, which meet the customer requirements and demonstrate value for money.
- Provide assurance that methods and processes for Managing Public Money are clearly adhered to through compliance and best practice.
- Commercial Approval. Commercial assurance, scrutiny and approval will be embedded and aligned with those for finance and technical approvals.
- Audit. There will be a 5-10% self-assurance requirement plus periodic peer reviews to further assure that commercial best practice is in place.
The Successful Applicant
Person specification for the Procurement Manager is as follows:
- Good broad professional knowledge of commercial principle and practice.
- Proven ability to negotiate, prepare and issue sound business contracts.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills to meet the needs of a diverse local and remote user group.
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively as a member of a cross functional team.
- Able to work effectively in a singleton post, using their own initiative.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multi-functional environment.
- Excellent attention to detail. Flexible and responsive to tasking and direction, with a high level of commitment to succeed. Able to take full ownership of tasks/adopts proactive approach.
- Level 6 CIPS qualified (MCIPS)
- Knowledge of Government or Public sector Commercial Procurement (OJEU/PCR2015)
- Experience of supporting regional delivery programmes.
What's on Offer
£40,000 + excellent benefits