Procurement Manager - Public Sector
£35,000 - £42,000
Expanding organisation with procurement at the forefront
Flexibility between home and work life
About Our Client
Public sector organisation
- Undertake a diverse range of complex procurements across the business ensuring that goods, services and works projects are delivered on time and to budget, meeting customer and stakeholder requirements.
- Business partner with key stakeholders and areas of the business to understand, identify and deliver key business drivers through good communication and procurement innovations in order to enable the achievement of both company and divisional strategic goals.
- Provide advice to internal customers on all aspects of procurement, including procurement procedures and the most appropriate procurement route to follow, ensuring company compliance to governing regulations.
- Lead in the writing of NEC contracts for all procurements. Ensure the most appropriate contracts are used to reduce risk to the business, minimise liabilities and increase performance.
- Maintain supply chain relationships across the business to ensure continuity of service delivery and value for money whilst driving through procurement savings across the business.
- Ensure quality and environmental control procedures are followed in accordance with ISO 9001and ISO 14001 to comply with BSI accreditations.
- Supporting stakeholder's specification writing, evaluation criteria selection and contract management to gain the best value and performance outcome for each exercise.
- Proactively identify potential procurement issues, risks and opportunities and develop relevant, in context solutions to mitigate the likelihood of occurrence.
The Successful Applicant
- Professional Qualification - Fully qualified member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS).
- Extensive and thorough background within Procurement, with practical knowledge and experience of tendering process.
- Knowledge and experience using NEC contracts.
- Understanding of European procurement legislation and best practice.
- Experience of managing competitive tenders in a public sector environment.
- Strong influencing, networking and team working skills, combined with a solid commercial acumen.
- Ability to influence, negotiate, listen to and resolve business issues with key decision makers in different areas of the business.
- Risk Management skills to be able to identify manage and mitigate the risks inherent in procurement contracts.
- Managing contracts, including monitoring of performance, resolution of performance problems and ongoing change management.
What's on Offer
£40,000 + benefits