Procurement manager role within a forward thinking public sector organisation
Opportunity to cover generalist, indirect spend areas
About Our Client
Public sector organisation based in Staffordshire
The Procurement Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- To drive the implementation of and compliance with Procurement, Purchasing, and Commercial strategies for the organisation, maximising the commercial benefits
- To ensure operational procedures are implemented and complied with across the organisation to maximise efficiency and benefits of the strategies
- To address actions to procurement risk mitigation strategies managing the risks within the appetite of the organisation
- To maintain a contracts register whereby stakeholders can identify the commercial benefits of the arrangements in place ensuring the benefits are realised and maximised.
- To implement and ensure compliance with a contract management framework that supports the organisation to maximise the benefits of the contractual arrangements in place for third party service providers.
- To lead and coordinate contract management meetings ensuring conformity to framework and mitigating contract risks.
- To ensure any framework agreements and collaboration arrangements address the needs of the organisation
- To monitor compliance with the contract Standing Orders.
- Support the Commercial Lead in the day to day leadership, management and development of Commercial Services in the delivery of a professional service.
- As a member of the Finance team contribute to the efficient running of the department and its future development
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the nature, level of responsibility and grading of this post, as required
And to be accountable for:
Procurement Officer (CIPS Trainee) and to support them with their professional development
The Successful Applicant
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Chartered Procurement Qualification or Level 6 Business Management Qualification with strong evidence of Procurement knowledge
- Substantial and relevant experience of operating at a Manager level.
- An understanding of business change principles
- Relevant experience of managing and controlling commercial activity in an organisation and providing effective communication to third parties.
- Proven experience of managing projects.
- Demonstrate a track record of providing a high quality, customer focused service
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to interpret and extrapolate data and present in a clear, well-structured way that can be easily understood by all users
- Ability to address the procurement implications of business decisions.
- Strong effective interpersonal skills.
- Good level of communication, negotiation and influencing skills
What's on Offer
The Procurement Manager will be offered £37,440 - £43,830 (dependent upon experience)