Client Authorisation Required
Newly Created Procurement Manager Position
Exciting Opportunity to Shape Procurement Strategy on Important Social Projects
About Our Client
Populo Living: Making Newham home
We're Newham's housing company and our role is to design and build more and better homes for Newham. We design for our customers, paying attention to the big picture and the small details. The result is attractive places to live, built to last, where it's easy to settle in and feel at home.
We provide homes for private rent, social rent and shared ownership, and have already completed four popular developments in Stratford, East Ham, Plaistow and Whitechapel. At least 50 percent of all the homes we deliver will be genuinely affordable, following the criteria set by the Mayor of London.
We also act as the property managers for all of the homes we build, providing a responsive and caring service to our residents.
The Key Responsibilities of the Procurement Manager are:-
- Create, lead and deliver the procurement strategy, providing best practices, tools, guidance and support, aligning all of this to strategic and operational requirements
- Provide support to the business to ensure the procurement of works and services provides VfM, whilst being delivered within approved budgets and following public sector procurement regulations (OJEU)
- Develop and lead on supplier/contractor due diligence processes, ahead of entering into contracts
- Document, publish and ensure compliance with public sector procurement procedures (OJEU) which are efficient and effective, ensuring regulatory/statutory compliance where necessary
- Develop and manage a new supplier on-boarding and contract performance management programme
- Develop and maintain a Group-wide contract register and ensure it is used effectively to support risk management and the procurement programme
- Attend key management meetings with the Board, shareholder and funder where necessary
- Be a true procurement business partner to the whole organisation; building strong, proactive working relationships with all teams
The Successful Applicant
The successful Procurement Manager will demonstrate the following:-
- Ability to work with limited supervision and really drive and deliver a first-class procurement service
- Ability to challenge, engage, influence and add value at a senior level
- Experience of truly partnering with various teams across an organisation, as well as forging strong working relationships with external suppliers and stakeholders
- Experience of delivering measurable improvements in Value-for-Money
- Ability to influence the correct use of the purchase-to-pay function within an organisation in order to deliver good management information
- Experience of working in social housing or public sector businesses with one of more similarities (e.g. physical asset-based, property development, property maintenance, regulated, charitable etc.)
- Excellent verbal, written and numerical communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload and projects to meet agreed deadlines
What's on Offer
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious procurement manager to join an exciting business that is making a real impact in London. You will be heavily involved in helping shape strategy and delivering large projects. As the first procurement manager in business you be able to put your own stamp on the business and the ways of doing things.