- Rewarding place to work where your work is going toward improving the community
- Great opportunity to join a growing procurement team and lead on complex project
About Our Client
This housing association offer a wide range of housing options, including affordable homes to rent, properties to buy under shared ownership, market rent properties and specialist accommodation for older people and people who need care and support to live within the community. They work hard to maximise the number of new homes they build to help improve the shortage of social housing locally; to achieve happy customers and provide more homes along with the goal of being safe, satisfied and sustainable.
* Delivering value for money - Develop the procurement strategy and policy and ensure appropriate procedures are in place throughout the organisation
* Procurement ownership - Take the lead on the delivery of an effective and value-added procurement plan ensuring the organisation maximises the value from procurement
* Ensure there are effective controls in the procurement practice to ensure compliance across employees and suppliers
* Provide assurance on compliance to the Chief Executive, Board and senior leadership
* Assume overall responsibility of major procurement projects, including scoping, project management, and reporting on procurement outcomes.
* Develop the procurement service to ensure high levels of performance with an effective and responsive service to all stakeholders.
* Legal compliance - Be the organisation expert on procurement, ensuring we operate in line with legal, regulatory and best practice.
* Manage formal tendering and other procurement processes in line with UK procurement regulation.
* Procurement for Asset Management - Lead on procurement savings for asset management as the highest spend department.
* Organisation wide procurement - To work closely with other departments to understand procurement requirements, set priorities and deliver procurement solutions that drive value for money.
* Offer expert guidance and advice for the delivery of low and medium value procurement projects.
* Reporting to Executive Team - Report on procurement activity, with particular focus on Value for Money achievements and outcomes.
* Procurement training - To provide training on procurement as required.
* Other - To take on other duties commensurate with this post as directed/delegated by the Assistant Director of Finance & Procurement.
* Proactive engagement with internal and external stakeholders, budget holders at all levels of seniority
The Successful Applicant
* Experience of working within a strategic procurement function
* Able to improve Procurement's standing within the organisation
* Experienced and competent in delivering procurement in line with UK procurement legislation
* Experience of delivering an effective procurement service
* Experience of tendering through frameworks and bespoke tenders
* Experience of delivering procurement within the Social Housing Sector or similar public body
* Experience of drafting and managing standard construction contracts (e.g. JCT / NEC etc.)
* Relevant Business/Supply Chain Degree
* Full CIPS qualification, or a desire to pursue
What's on Offer
- Strong exposure and autonomy
- Opportunity to give back to the community
- Exciting complex procurement projects