Brand New Procurement Role with a Global Infrastructure Development Group
Developing and Leading on Global Procurement Strategy
About Our Client
QGMI is a global infrastructure company specialised in developing, financing and implementing transport projects, urban mobility, water and sewerage, energy and industrial building. As business they are dedicated to delivering on client's expectations and has the capacity to implement complex EPC projects, being responsible for all activities from design, procurement, construction, to commissioning and handover of the project to the End-User or Owner. In addition, QGMI is specialised in mobilising/ arranging financing and sustainable project funding from different sources even for projects of complex nature due to our risk management capability and business intelligence.
The key responsibilities of the Procurement Manager are:-
- Engaging across the international business to ensure understanding of project pipelines and delivering a pro-active procurement strategy to support the ambitious goals of the business
- Tapping into UK and European service and material supplier markets that help with the successful pitch and delivery of large international projects
- Building strong relationship for QGMI with suppliers to ensure smooth delivery of projects
- Developing processes and ways of working that ensure that projects can run as smoothly as possible whilst minimising risk and that all suppliers are compliant.
- Balancing fluctuating demands at best price whilst managing excellent relationships with suppliers.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Procurement Manager will be able to demonstrate the following:-
- Experience of dealing with construction/ infrastructure suppliers of services and materials in the UK and Europe.
- Commercial mindset - the ability to identify an opportunities and capitalise on those opportunities.
- Strong relationship building skills with internal and external stakeholders at levels.
- A strong negotiator who can identify problems and resolve them.
- Ideally degree educated
- Must be eligible to work in the UK, ideally with advanced Spanish/ Portuguese speaking ability. Though the language skills are not required they would be highly beneficial.
What's on Offer
This is an excellent Procurement Manager opportunity with an ambitious and growing business based in the heart of London. In this role you will work across a range of complex new build projects across the globe - each project will have it's own set of challenges and demands which will mean that no one day is the same. This is the first step in developing QGMI in the UK and European markets with plenty of opportunity for personal development in the future.