Procurement Officer - Adult Social
Transforming procurement and commissioning function
Applications accepted from remote workers
About Our Client
Bedford Borough Council are a forward thinking local authority willing to offer 100% remote working, so applications are accepted from anywhere in the UK
Support the Manager and Senior Officers within the Commissioning & Procurement (Adults) team. Contribute to the preparation of commissioning and procurement activity plans and pipelines in accordance with the principles of SCP service design. Commissioning & Procurement activity is pro-active and planned.
Provide guidance and advice. Ensure commissioned contracts are compliant with statutory and regulatory regimes. Procurement activity is carried out in accordance with regulatory requirements, commercial acumen and in compliance with the Councils Contract Procedure Rules
Assist planning and management of commissioning projects. Support development and delivery of higher value/risk procurement projects and lead on lower value commissioning projects within the agreed directorate programmes. Assist with the development and delivery of appropriate category and sub-category strategies delivering Directorate objectives. Procurement and Commissioning activity is in accordance with best practice and procurement in a cost effective and efficient manner
Development and maintaining of resources. Contribute to the provision of internal and external training to develop capacity within the Council and the supply chain, including SMEs and the voluntary and community sector. A structured and collaborative approach to building capacity and capability internally and within the local/national market and alignment with the Council's wider strategic objectives.
Devise, collect and analyse. Spend and market data through a variety of media including the Council's Agresso financial management system. Accountability and responsibility ensuring greater awareness and control of spend across the organisation and delivery of cost savings in line with corporate objectives.
Develop and innovate. New approaches to the ongoing development and management of procurement and commissioning areas. Commissioning activity within the Council is constantly reviewed and reflective of innovation and best practice.
Undertake contract management. Support the SCP teams' contract management function and associated maintenance of the council Contracts Register. Procured contracts are effectively monitored throughout the term.
Assist in the planning and management of commercial negotiation. To be involved with negotiating and development of negotiating strategies with suppliers. Savings are achieved, and value for money and efficiencies are secured for the Council.
Utilise and promote. The Council's e-procurement system. Commissioning is carried out in accordance with the Council's e-procurement policies.
Undertake. Any other duties commensurate with the grading of the post. To meet service need and requirements.
The Successful Applicant
- Relevant professional qualification or equivalent experience
- Understanding of any legislation changes which could impact on the way in which commissioned contracts are developed and monitored within the (Environment, Property & Corporate) service areas.
- Ability to prioritise and manage resources in order to deliver tendering and projects objectives.
- Ability to manage detailed processes and handling of data
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office and e-tendering software packages
- Ability to be innovative in devising procurement solutions
- Well-developed communication skills (written and oral)
- Effective negotiation skills
- Ability to carry out effective contract management of procured contracts
- Able to collaborate and liaise effectively with staff at all levels in the organisation and from different professional backgrounds
What's on Offer
- A competitive salary of £33,799 - £36,876 plus benefits
- REMOTE WORKING
- A great working culture
- An impactful role with tangible outcomes
- Strong leadership