Working for one of the largest property management companies in the UK
The opportunity for progression within a growing business
About Our Client
The role of procurement officer represents the opportunity to work for an organisation with one of the largest property portfolios in the UK, comprising more than 3,000 properties with 7,000 tenants across England. At a total value of more than £3bn, this represents about 10% of the organisation's total estate. With properties ranging from listed buildings through to award-winning, state-of-the-art integrated campuses.
You will be working in team that values getting the best value for money, as well as compliance and ensuring high-standards and functionality is maintained.
Key responsibilities for the procurement officer include:
- Negotiating contractual issues; communicating statutory financial and procurement regulations to non-supplies people.
- Supporting identification and delivery of saving initiatives across a number of categories such as technology, HR, professional services and more.
- Ensuring stakeholders satisfaction and providing support during the life of the contract when necessary and anticipate on procurement and contracts renewal.
- As a member of the category group, support the category activities and add to the knowledge sharing, product developments, best practice delivery and innovation.
- Supporting the development of business cases by the provision and management of procurement statistics.
- Having a breadth of procurement expertise including strategic sourcing, savings delivery and working with public contract regulations.
The Successful Applicant
The successful procurement officer should:
- Have a degree-level qualification
- Have around 3-5 procurement experience.
- Be motivated by targets and be keen to deliver upon these.
- Be comfortable engaging in a number of projects running parallel with one and other.
- Be comfortable in handling large budgets, upwards of £5 million for some individual projects and working withing a team with an overall budget of circa £25 million per annum.
- Be CIPS qualified (or working towards CIPS).
- Be a clear and concise communicator, both in their oral and written communication.
- Demonstrate their ability to deliver on procurement projects.
- Demonstrate experience of developing and maintaining a positive relationship with suppliers and customers.
- Strong organisational skills when reporting into project leads on the progress of said projects.
What's on Offer
In their role as a procurement officer, the candidate will have the opportunity to work for one of the largest property services owner in the UK. Alongside this, candidates will be working in a team that is looking to evolve and grow within the near future, ensure this is an exciting team to enter at this stage. This will offer the chance for the successful candidate to work within a large organisation, but within a smaller, vibrant and forward-thinking team. The procurement team also enjoy a strong relationship with stakeholders meaning there is significant scope to deliver tangible change and results.
Candidates will also be working in a central location in the City of London, with the offices being based just a 4 minute walk from Bank Tube Station.