Procurement Process and Excellence Manager
A leading ambitious retail group with a global presence
Business wide transformation where procurement is a key pillar
About Our Client
My client is a leading global retail group that encompasses a number of well known brands. They are undertaking a business wide transformation where indirect procurement is valued and has board sponsorship, in fact it is seen as one of the pillars of the transformation strategy and is a pivotal function for the business in the future. They have a first class agenda in promoting internal progression and development.
The key responsibilities of the Procurement Process and Excellence Manager are:-
- Build strong influential relationships with key internal stakeholders to enable delivery of high performance procurement
- Engage with all relevant stakeholders to support and implement my client's transformation programme
- Develop unified best-in-class GNFR Procurement processes and look to continuous improvement methodology to enable best in class performance
- Drive a clear and consistent understanding of the GNFR Procurement operating model, Policies and Processes across the whole group; fully integrate with OPCOs and Shared Services at all levels
- Support the successful delivery of SAP SRM across the group
- Initiate and enable delivery of the "Procurement Technology Roadmap" that drives Procurement data and systems integration to efficiently deliver the right intelligence to all internal stakeholders
- Design, develop and manage a comprehensive procurement risk and business continuity capability to maintain strong and reliable supply chains
- Provide regular and relevant business intelligence (int/ext) to Category and Regional Management teams to maximise the effectiveness of all Procurement events
- Ensure my client's Code of Conduct is adhered to and promoted; provide a relentless focus on the sustainability road map to deliver positive economic, social and environmental outcomes
- Provide dynamic leadership and positive management behaviours that create a desire by all stakeholders to make Procurement a key part of their delivery strategies.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Procurement Process and Excellence Manager will demonstrate the following:-
- Compassion balanced with drive to succeed
- Focus on making change happen through influencing thinking
- Comfort in handling ambiguity and potential conflict
- Comfort working with different business cultures and languages
- Ability to work on both strategic planning and project delivery
- Risk management and opportunity identification
- Tenacity and resilience in the face of strong opinions
- Experience in Indirect Procurement in a complex matrix organisation within the retail, or a related sector.
- Experience of lean procurement
- Broad experience of ERP systems and their integration into business
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills managing a range of stakeholder relationships.
- Operational Excellence / Business Process Management
What's on Offer
If you are the successful Procurement Process and Excellence Manager you will join an ambitious retail group based in Central London. On offer is an highly competitive base salary and a fantastic package which shows that my client truly values their employees.