Procurement Specialist (early career)
Growing and Desirable Sector
Greast exposure to senior stakleholders
About Our Client
This is an opportunity to grow your procurement career in a growing and desirable sector in Scotland with an organisation committed to innovation and excellence.
Our client have a current requirement for an early career Procurement Specialist to join the existing team based in Glasgow. Reporting directly to the Head of Procurement, the Procurement Specialist will work closely with managers and team members, serving as a procurement expert on specific projects.
The Procurement Specialist will provide a procurement service to deliver best value for money within a range of standard and specialist products and services including ensuring requirements are sourced from the right suppliers, utilising sound contractual and commercial arrangements. In addition the post holder will carry out end to end procurement processes and robust procurement administrative processes and procedures.
- Assist in regular review, maintenance and updates to all procurement documentation and templates as directed
- Run reports, and undertake regular spend reports for senior management team
- Assist in reviewing updating the Contracts Register to provide near real time information on an ongoing basis
- Effectively maintain and update the real time procurement work plan planning schedule
- Assist in administering and updating the Procurement web pages
- Provide accurate advice and guidance to internal customers concerning procurement processes and procedures, in a timely manner
- Provide effective and efficient administrative support to the procurement team
- Assist and support on strategic tender projects as directed
- Support negotiations with suppliers, ensuring the business is represented in an effective and professional manner
- Conduct Market research
- Supplier appraisal
- Preparation of tender documents, manage tender process including evaluation, clarification and negotiations
- Make recommendations on the award of contracts, draft and issue contract award documents, Implement and manage contract/s as required, including variations.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this role have relevant demonstrable experience gained in a procurement function including practical experience of running formal tendering processes. Ideally be qualified or part qualified CIPS or hold an equivilant qualification.
In addition to:
* Strong stakeholder and supplier management skills
* Proficient and confident in the use of databases and spreadsheets including the ability to analyse and manipulate data
* Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office applications including; Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Proactive, well-organised with ability to multi-task to deliver a service to end user
* Ability to work accurately with excellent attention to detail
* Very strong organisational skills
* Resilience and adaptability to change
* Ability to assimilate detailed information
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Good numerical skills
What's on Offer
salary and benefits scheme