- Great development and progression opportunities
- Work closely with head of department on various procurement projects
About Our Client
The client is one of the leading housing associations in London, managing over 100,000 properties for 250,000 residents.
- Contributing to the development of contractual arrangements and competitive procedures, including researching, developing and agreeing suitable routes to market, and ensuring alignment with UK Public Contract Regulations within all categories and sub-categories.
- Experience of working in the software/hardware category.
- Analysing data on the procurement system and working with suppliers and the Technology business function to explore and investigate opportunities where greater value can be generated, costs can be reduced, quality improved and processes simplified.
- Taking an active role in leading development of innovative procurement strategies against defined category areas.
- Implementing the procurement strategy and ensuring this meets business objectives.
- Liaising with technology category stakeholders including customers, contractors, consultants, and suppliers.
- Identifying significant opportunities to improve overall value generation including demonstration of value for money, cost optimisation against budget or cost avoidance and reduction in operational and commercial risks.
- Negotiating with and influencing suppliers to achieve improved service and quality.
- Ensuring that contracts within your area of responsibility deliver full life value for money.
- Conducting supplier due diligence and reviewing new supplier requests.
The Successful Applicant
- MCIPS qualified or working towards
- Demonstrable category management experience of large value contracts
- Public sector procurement experience
- Successful track record of procurement in the IT category
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong negotiator with stakeholders, internal and external to the business
- Master of Microsoft and other relevant procurement applications
What's on Offer
- Be a part of a time of significant investment from the organisation
- Lead on exciting procurement projects
- Flexibility of working from home and excellent salary package