Procurement Specialist - Public Sector
About Our Client
A highly sensitive, public sector organisation working in the health and safety sector.
The main requirement of this role is to provide ongoing senior Level, professional cover for both Head of Procurement & Estates and the Senior Contracts Officer in a broad range of matters related to procurement.
The role is an experienced, professionally qualified management position. The role is required to establish, implement and enforce strategic procurement policies and ensure the organisation's compliance with legal obligations. The position will require the individual to make important decisions without asking for permission from their manager.
The Successful Applicant
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply MCIPS Professional Qualification.
- Experience of commercial and public sector procurement and general business issues
- Understanding of the procurement of IT related goods and services.
- Experience of developing successful strategies providing professional guidance to organisations and stakeholders.
- Successful experience with negotiating and managing contracts.
- Experience of managing modern contract forms under EU procurement legislation/regulations.
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits.