Senior Buyer/Procurement Lead
About Our Client
My client is a leading multi functional site that are currently looking for a number of talented procurement professionals to join their team on a permanent basis from Senior Buyer to Procurement Lead that are based in Cumbria on a permanent basis.
- The role will be based in the Supply Chain Directorate and supports the Business Services Category.
- Responsible for the procurement and management of contracts such as Contingent Labour recruitment,
- Training and Business Travel for and across the wider estate under the current alliance and operation.
- The Procurement Lead role will manage a team of 6 and will report directly to the Business Services Category
- Relationship management will be an important element of the role, developing strong working relationships with the Lot Partners in order to support the achievement of Critical Success Factors
- The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate their ability to build strong relationships.
- Experience in rolling out a Category Management structure in a previous role would be beneficial.
- Interfacing with key stakeholders both internally and externally is key to being a success in the role.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree or equivalent experience within procurement related degree preferred.
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply Advanced Practitioner Corporate Award or equivalent professional qualification.
- Considerable experience working in a commercial role, supporting the effective provision of a procurement service.
- Good knowledge of European Union Procurement rules and the Public Contracts Regulations (2015).
- Good knowledge of relevant terms and conditions.
- Category management experience preferred.
- Key internal and external stakeholder engagement is required for the role.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Purchase & Supply (MCIPS) or equivalent relevant professional membership.
- Introductory level APM Project Management and/or APMD.
What's on Offer
My client is looking to offer a base salary of up to £53k plus a very competitive package for the ideal candidate.