Product Compliance Officer
A retail bank with a superb working culture
Excellent opportunity in retail banking
About Our Client
My client is a financial services firm that offers retail banking and wealth products based in London.
The successful candidate will:
maintain detailed knowledge of appropriate legislation, regulations and guidance published by UK, EU and other regulatory bodies relating to core banking products for individual and corporate customers such as current accounts, individual and corporate lending including mortgages, cards, FX and interest rate derivatives.
- undertake regulatory horizon scanning and provide the appropriate guidance and advice to the business.
- work with the project office and appropriate business units to implement regulatory change, product enhancements and remediation projects as required.
- provide support and guidance to all areas of the business as well as providing ongoing oversight of risk mitigation undertaken by the relevant business units.
- aid in the completion of the approved annual compliance monitoring plan to assist the business to manage identified and emerging risks.
- create reports for management and the board, analysis of reports, assist in the development, maintenance and reporting on the thematic monitoring plan
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will:
- Have appropriate knowledge and understanding of a full range of individual and corporate banking products, including their functionality, associated processes and practical experience of sales processes and documentation (mortgage products essential, other product types preferable)
- A strong understanding of the UK regulations/rule books specifically the PRA, CRD and the FCA Conduct requirements and the ability to interpret regulations within a business context
- Proactively assist the senior team in meeting requirements and able to act as lead when the need arises
- A sound knowledge of branch banking or experience from an appropriate regulatory law/ compliance background is essential
What's on Offer
A competitive salary is on offer dependent on the experience of the candidate.