Product Development Analyst
New Product Development Analyst Role - growing Challenger Bank
Lending / Asset Finance knowledge very helpful to have
About Our Client
A newly created challenger bank based in-between Milton Keynes and London . They look to provide a full suite of financial services and products to small and medium sized enterprises and businesses.
- Support the bank's product development projects by initially helping to build and test the main financial components of our Asset Finance product in addition to a pipeline of new products
- You will also support us with wider finance responsibilities such as budgeting, forecasting and excel modelling on a project basis.
- Represent the Finance team on the Asset Finance project and work closely with the Change team to develop and deliver the product to launch.
- Review the Asset Finance product specifications and work with our advisors to evaluate the appropriate technical accounting, tax, and VAT treatment. Work with third party software providers to configure and test system functionality which is aligned to the technical analysis.
- Develop pricing models which deliver our required financial returns by collaborating with the Head of Asset Finance.
- Assist our Finance Manager to test downstream data feeds from the core banking system to our general ledger and reporting systems
- Develop new management information suitable for our Board and Exco on the performance of the Asset Finance product.
- Support our Treasurer with the development of Treasury processes and systems to accommodate the Asset Finance product.
- In conjunction with our Head of Credit develop and implement an appropriate framework for IFRS9 expected credit loss provisioning.
- Adhoc support of the Financial Control and FP&A teams mainly through the provision of excel modelling expertise on specific projects.
The Successful Applicant
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant or equivalent
- Experience in a similar role
- Clear understanding of both accounting and commercial drivers of P&L and Balance Sheet behaviour
- Strong MS Excel skills and good experience in financial modelling
- Self-starter with willingness to assume responsibility whilst working well within a team
- Ability to challenge and improve processes and procedures
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- The chance to join a bank at an integral part of their growth story