High growth business
About Our Client
Quixant is recognised as a market leader in the design and manufacture of innovative gaming platforms and monitor solutions. Based in the UK and listed on the London Stock exchange the business has grown both organically and via acquisition, and currently generates revenues in excess of £100m. The business has operations in USA, Australia, Italy, Japan, production in Taiwan and supplies to gaming machine manufacturers in every region globally. Quixant has attained considerable growth in recent years providing a broad range of solutions to an enviable and growing client group. This entrepreneurial business is now entering an exciting phase in their development and has a need to appoint a commercially minded and highly technical Product Director for its successful Gaming Division, which specialises in Gaming Computer and Monitor solutions targeted at the gambling and slot machine industry.
Reporting to the Gaming Divisional Managing Director the key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing the Gaming Division's product strategy that will ensure the continued growth and success of the business
- Engaging with internationally based customers and the commercial teams both remotely and face to face to identify their requirements and contribute ideas which innovate over and above these requirements to create value and potential patent opportunities
- Identify gaming market trends to ensure products are leading the market demand
- Evaluation of the competitive environment
- Establishing and overseeing development projects with teams based in Italy and Taiwan and ensuring the Product Managers are meeting timescales and budget
- Submitting investment cases for product development and providing full operational and financial reviews on all projects to the Board
- Identifying new technologies that will innovate and develop new product ideas and features
- Developing a strong relationship with the sales function and acting as a key technical partner to the customer base
- Serving as a director on the gaming operational board
The Successful Applicant
Prospective candidates will have a strong engineering background with extensive experience operating in both technical and commercial product development leadership roles in PC x86 based computer solutions covering hardware and software disciplines. Experience of developing solutions for the gaming industry would be highly advantageous. Exposure to managing a product development team is a pre-requisite. Of equal importance are outstanding interpersonal skills coupled with a strong commercial awareness that will ensure you build credible relationships with customers and the sales team. This role will require regular international travel and a willingness to work across timezones.
What's on Offer