Product & Engineering Manager
Established, specialist product, welding and fabrication business
Newly created role leading product and process
About Our Client
Altron Communications Equipment Ltd based on the outskirts of Swansea in Capel Hendre, are a leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of CCTV camera mounting products. With over 30 years experience and operating out of a purpose built 60,000ft manufacturing facility, Altron is the first choice for CCTV camera mounting products.
As Product & Engineering Manager your responsibilities will include but not limited to the development of product support information and production methods, process development and project management.
Duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- This role covers everything to do with how Altron produce their products and all of the support information necessary to enable successful production, assembly and installation, along with all customer/sales supporting information for the standard product range.
- It does not cover the design of new products (other than the supporting information necessary for production, assembly and installation), nor sales technical product support, product application support or product operating procedures, although these are areas that the role may develop into once suitable product application knowledge has been gained.
- Add to overall senior capacity of product and engineering management, processing and development
- Manage 'CCTV products' technical office staff and processes within the technical office
- Carry out specific hands on functions to do with the support and development of Altron's product ranges, and develop controls and processes to enable these to be delegated as the business progresses
- Provide experience, input and advice regarding engineering solutions and production methods
- Manage Product Engineering operations and staff
- Manage product support information
- Manage, oversee and contribute to major sales order project work and internal engineering projects and develop controls and processes to enable these to be delegated as the business progresses
The Successful Applicant
As Product & Engineering Manager your skills and experience should include:
- Ideally Degree qualified or HNC/HND in Mechanical or Structural Engineering
- You will be able to demonstrate an Engineering and Product Management background gained within a steel fabrication and welding manufacturing environment. You will have had a senior role within a product manufacturing organisation - small/medium batch - light/medium steel fabrication
- You will demonstrate excellent leadership experience having previously managed engineering/technical teams
- Management of projects in a structured way with experience in the development of suitable processes to support this
- Technical/drawing office experience including understanding of productionisation
- Implementation and working in accordance with ISO 9001:2008 / ISO 9001:2015
- Familiar with welding standards such as BS EN 287-1:2011, BS EN ISO 9606-1:2013 and BS EN 1011-1:2009
- Familiar with use of engineering software for verification of structures
- Ability to understand manufacturing processes, deadlines, methods and techniques within a highly responsive SME business
- Ideally a 'structural engineered product' background
- Detailed understanding of the production and finishing methods for a galvanised product range
- Familiar with technical standards covering structural design such as BS EN 1993-1-1:2005, BS EN 1991-1-4:2005 and BS EN 40-3-1:2013
- Familiar with implementation of CE marking for steel fabrication and welding
What's on Offer
Circa £60,000 plus excellent benefits package.