Specialist Veterinary Products
About Our Client
For over 25 years Animalcare has built its reputation on a wide range of quality products, including idENTICHIP microchips, POM-V medication, pet welfare and practice equipment. They sell and develop goods and services to veterinary professionals, principally for use in companion animals; operating through UK wholesalers and distribution and development partners in key markets in Western Europe.
Animalcare is a sustainable growing business, is cash generative and is implementing a clear strategy to accelerate its growth over the next 3 to 5 years. With its roots based in York, they work closely with their suppliers to create and innovate within their existing portfolio, whilst delivering an extensive program of NPD.
Animalcare is one of the fastest growing veterinary supply companies in the UK, consistently outperforming the market in recent years.
The main purpose of the Product Manager will be to develop, implement and manage the product marketing plans. This person will also build the marketing strategy and communications which will fully support the sales and business goals for a comprehensive range of existing and new Animalcare products.
You will be expected to work closely with the sales, technical, regulatory, NPD teams, customers, suppliers and external agencies
Key responsibilities will include:
- Research, preparation and implementation of product marketing plans and sales forecasts
- Providing technical support for product training and selling tools to the sales team and customer base
- Within the agreed budgets, manage the design and implementation of all marketing, communication and promotional plans
- Manage the full life cycle of the product groups
- Be responsible for setting annual product budgets and report on sales performance vs budgets and targets on a regular basis
- Setting the product selling prices in agreement with the senior management team
- Working closely with the Supply Chain team to manage product supply into UK wholesalers
- Liaising with Technical and Regulatory Affairs in support of legislative requirements for designated product ranges
- Identifying new products
- New Product Launches - pre launch documentation, creation of marketing materials, technical training, post-launch management
- Build and maintain competitor and market intelligence database
The Successful Applicant
The successful Product Manager will ideally be someone who is currently operating in either the Healthcare or FMCG industries. You will already be an established product marketeer with experience of managing Products from concept to launch. Alternatively you maybe a veterinary surgeon or nurse, who wants to move to a more commercial role, but make full use of your veterinary education and in practice experience.
Candidates should ideally have a science or business degree, familiarity with marcomms and at least 3 years sales and marketing or product management experience, preferably in life sciences or a related field. Experience in the veterinary industry would be advantageous.
You must be able to work cross-functionally and communicate effectively with a wide range of key stakeholders across the business.
Attention to detail is crucial, as you will be ensuring that the product information is communicated accurately and that the technical training is completed.
Aside from this, you must be passionate about product management as the business will be looking to you as being the expert in your respective product group - knowing not only the ins and outs of your range but also that of your competitors.
What's on Offer
On offer for the Product Manager position is a competitive salary and package, in addition to an attractive performance related bonus, a company car (BMW 3 Series Equivalent), a share incentive scheme and a generous contributory pension.
Aside from this is the opportunity to make your name as a Product Manager in a growing and innovative business, with lots of exposure to key stakeholders that will without doubt help to propel your career.