Brand new role in global organisation
Real opportunity to shape the direction of the division
About Our Client
Global organisation with offices throughout the UK and a real desire to continue being the market leader
The role of the Product Manager is to:
- Drive improvements in the strategic positioning and margin profile of current product lines
- Support the Global Business Directors and Sales Director in full cost analysis and correct asset allocation for new product development opportunities
- Work to improve overall asset value and utilisation and put in place internal work processes to improve the organisations' ability to improve profitability, grow via new products and optimise asset use
- Manage the full product life cycle for all products, in conjunction with the strategic direction set by the Global Business Directors
- Assists in the evaluation of asset utilisation and profitability for new product opportunities from concept through to launch. Conducts economic evaluation of new offering and capabilities.
- Participates in strategic marketing efforts that involve competitive manufacturing analysis, manufacturing cost improvement or new capability to expand market participation
- In conjunction with the Global Business Directors, the product manager should manage the full product life cycle (introduction through to withdrawal) in line with the business strategy set by the Global Business Directors
The Successful Applicant
The successful Product Manager will need the following experience:
- Strong organizational, analytical and project management skills.
- Ability to lead and manage simultaneous projects in multiple locations.
- Hands-on style and willingness to engage proactively with managers/directors and vice-presidents. Travel will be required to national and global locations.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills. Microsoft Office expertise with emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Make business presentations to an audience of diverse and senior business stakeholders.
- Ability to assume both leadership and support roles across functional disciplines.
- Five - ten years working experience in Product Management or relevant commercial experience within the chemicals industry
- Experience required with an ERP system. SAP would be a plus.
What's on Offer
£60,000 - £70,000 + benefits