Leading Global Chemical Organisation
Fantastic Career Opportunity
About Our Client
- Vertellus is a leading provider in the world of speciality chemicals for the agriculture, nutrition, pharmaceutical, fine chemicals, medical, personal care, plastics, coatings and many other industrial markets. Our products are in the things you use every day - toothpaste, deodorants, vitamins, pharmaceuticals, detergents, plastics, adhesives, inks, tyres and more. We provide key components to support health and well-being via better medical and consumer products.
- We supply critical materials to support safer, and more fuel efficient, transportation.
- We help prevent the spread of mosquito borne illnesses worldwide.
- We enable advanced crop protection solutions to increase crop yields and reduce costs to feed the growing global population.
Vertellus was founded in 1867, employs around 900 employees globally and operates out of 16 locations across North America, Europe and Asia.
- Vertellus is a Responsible Care® company and follows the highest regulatory standards across all of our manufacturing facilities.
- Vertellus applies consistent manufacturing and quality control procedures - we embrace continuous improvement through the use of Six Sigma and lean manufacturing methodology.
- Our global integrated supply chain offers the customer product consistency, easy access, supply security and reasonable turnaround on delivery
- Our core values: At Vertellus we hold ourselves and each other Accountable for Delivering Results with a Bias for Action whilst always acting with the utmost Integrity"
Vertellus is currently seeking a Global Product Manager. This site based role will report to the General Manager and will also interface with the Global Business Directors. In this role you will be responsible for managing the product life cycle for all products within the business unit.
Responsibilities will include:
- Drive improvements in the strategic positioning and margin profile of current product lines
- Support the Global Business Directors and Global Sales Director in full cost analysis and correct asset allocation for new product development opportunities
- Work to improve overall asset value and utilisation and put in place internal work processes to improve the organisations' ability to improve profitability, grow via new products and optimise asset use
- Manage the full product life cycle for all products, in conjunction with the strategic direction set by the Global Business Directors
- Assists in the evaluation of asset utilisation and profitability for new product opportunities from concept through to launch. Conducts economic evaluation of new offering and capabilities.
- Participates in strategic marketing efforts that involve competitive manufacturing analysis, manufacturing cost improvement or new capability to expand market participation
- Support the Global Business Directors with the setting, implementation and management of the price strategy for their product lines
- Support the Global Business Directors with the management of Long-Term Plans within their business areas
- Management of key external relationships as required
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in your application as Global Product Manager, you will have:
- Strong organisational, analytical and project management skills.
- Ability to lead and manage simultaneous projects in multiple locations.
- Hands-on style and willingness to engage proactively with managers/directors and vice-presidents. Travel will be required to national and global locations.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills. Microsoft Office expertise with emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Be able to report to their Liverpool office 2 or 3 days a week
- Make business presentations to an audience of diverse and senior business stakeholders.
- Ability to assume both leadership and support roles across functional disciplines.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering or related area and five - ten years working experience in Product Management or relevant commercial experience within the chemicals industry
- Experience required with an ERP system. SAP would be a plus.
What's on Offer
Competitive Basic Salary with Bonus potential, Healthcare, Pension and further benefits