About Our Client
We develop smarter technology for women and are committed to building extraordinary products that improve women's lives. It's a fascinating and challenging area to be addressing as it requires all our employees to stretch themselves and solve problems that no-one's tackled before. That's why we're looking for skilled, curious individuals who want to grow by surrounding themselves with a diverse array of outstanding people.
We develop smarter technology for women and are committed to building extraordinary products that improve women's lives.It's a fascinating and challenging area to be addressing as it requires all our employees to stretch themselves and solve problems that no-one's tackled before. That's why we're looking for skilled, curious individuals who want to grow by surrounding themselves with a diverse array of outstanding people.
You will be joining the cross-functional product team and should be excited about working with other product managers, hardware & software engineers, data scientists, designers, and researchers. You'll need to be up for hitting the ground running. With two products launched, more markets opening up and new ideas that need to become a reality, there's plenty to get involved with.
We will look to you to help us develop products we can be proud of because we're proud of because you put the user at the centre of the design process and ensure we take a holistic view of the product experience;
Day to Day of the role:
- Working with the product management team, you will help steer our product development to ensure we deliver against the product vision and delight our users. You will:
- Need to get under the skin of our users. Working closely with our product researchers, you'll be involved in planning and conducting user research, learning about customer needs first hand
- Translate customer needs into product shaping information, writing user stories and user requirements and briefing relevant teams
- Communicate user needs and product plans to a variety of audiences. You must be able to sell the dream and fight the user's corner.
Development Guide - You will:
- Work side by side with cross-functional teams to help direct product development, keeping the team on track, and making sure the product vision is a constant throughout
- Will join daily stand-ups with our app dev teams and product team catch-ups.
- Stay on top of what our competitors are up to and the results they are getting, and where valuable and relevant, use this to inform our product development
- Manage, update and prioritise a backlog of features, and brief and manage the development of design work. You will use Jira to manage app development and Asana for in-house designers (UX/UI).
Problem Solver - You:
- Are curious and questioning - not afraid to ask questions to ensure we identify route causes not symptoms, so that we design the right solutions
- Will be able to juggle the day to day, whilst also seeing the bigger picture, so that you can identify and focus on the most pressing challenges
- Are driven to make things better, and push for quality outcomes for the user. But you know also know when is "good enough"
- Will identify opportunities to improve existing processes and tools, and introduce new ones to support the scaling up of development work
Stakeholder Manager - You:
- Are a good listener and make sure people feel heard.
- Will hear a muddle of different perspectives and be able to analyse the situation and pick a path forwards acknowledging the compromise taken.
- Will bring people on the journey of feature and product development with you, judging who needs to be kept informed about what, without adding unnecessary noise.
- Will manage change: you'll get buy-in for the changes from stakeholders, and lead the implementation, using data to understand and improve iteratively
The Successful Applicant
The Product Manager will have
- Experience in Hardware and/or Software Product management, connected devices a bonus
- Can demonstrate a solid level of commercial experience, including within an agile environment
- Preferably time with a startup or organisation that has gone through the scaling process
- Demonstrable experience in modern user testing, tech product development, and agile project management processes and tools (e.g Google Analytics, Jira)
- Be able to demonstrate empathy with Users
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Interest in women, health and all things tech
- A huge drive to help Elvie reach the next level, and to develop yourself into a leader
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Great work environment - regular company socials, free daily snacks
- Flexible work environment built on trust and autonomy
- Enjoy employee / friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Generous employee referral program
- Cycle Scheme & Tech Scheme
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme with SmartPension
- Life Insurance with Yulife
- Medical, Dental & Optical cash-plan with WPA
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- YuLife Well-being app & access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year