Product Marketing Manager - Portfolio of lubricant products
Working for an International company
Working with a great supportive team
About Our Client
The Product Marketing Manager will be bridge the gap between the brand and product teams, managing projects from ideation to post-launch. The company are an International oil manufacturing company and this person will manage a diverse portfolio of lubricant products, the role is based in London.
The Product Marketing Manager will drive the global product portfolio, managing and leading critical product projects from ideation to product launch, forming the product roadmap and strategy.
This role will bridge the gap between the technical product team and the marketing department, creating a streamlined process from the technical development to launch and brand proposition.
This person will have strong project management skills, a passion for product, customer engagement and emerging technologies.
- Conduct market, product, competitor, and customer research to determine unmet customer needs. Combining this with industry trends etc., work in a cross functional team to identify opportunities for new product development and supporting business case. Gain alignment from senior leaders on the investment and product portfolio roadmaps
- Support the Global Brand and Communications Manager in developing core positioning and messaging for product CVPs, and toolkits to support the launch of new products.
- Recommend new product names and/or product or packaging changes. Write artwork/label briefs and develop new labels/ make changes in existing labels.
- Align cross-functional teams, including Sales, Marketing, Technology and Operations, to facilitate and drive execution of go-to-market strategies. Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress. Manage changes to the project scope and/or project schedule as needed whilst mitigating any risks.
- Support new and existing initiatives to optimize and where possible streamline the current product portfolio. Proactively work with Sales and Customers/Licensees on product adoption and transition
- Closely work with the Technology function to provide support and training to sales and business development teams on new products and target markets.
- Prepare and present strategic planning presentations to senior management.
- Be the recognized 'marketing expert' on the product portfolio, market, relevant technology and the competition.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree holder in marketing/business or relevant disciplines
- Must have a commercial Lubricants Industry background, or similiar, ideally with experience in a Bluechip marketing company
- Minimum 5 years in product, market management or equivalent business experience
- Demonstrable experience of successfully growing product brands
- Strong analytical, quantitative skills and financial acumen
- Good understanding of developing markets
- Ability to form a deep understanding of customer needs and write compelling value propositions and messages
- Ability to collaborate with and influence cross-functional teams, including senior leaders
- Should be a self-starter and can work independently as well as with groups
- Should have a strong working knowledge of project management, design and documentation of processes
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking
- IT literate with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Project, Excel)
What's on Offer
working for an international company