Opportunity to join a market leading design and manufacturing business.
Product Specialist role based in Southampton.
About Our Client
My client is a market leading design and manufacturing business in Southampton.
The Product Specialist will work from the Southampton facility and will maintain the product portfolio and generate opportunities for profitable business through identifying and communicating market requirements and trends for the Laser Technology Business Segment. Responsibilities:
- Provide product management of products for worldwide customers of the Business Segment Laser Technology.
- Maintenance of laser technology products, including compact visible lasers, multiline laser engines, optical fibres for lasers, pockels cell, faraday isolators and laser modulators - Germany only.
- Technical and commercial support of the worldwide sales team and customer service team regarding quotations, orders, customer complaints, trade shows and customer visits.
- Provide technical customer support.
- Management of Laser Technology products during the whole product life cycle from first planning through to end of life.
- Manage business case preparation and proposal development to ensure the business meets the customer specification and price targets whilst securing target gross margins.
- Responsibility for data sheets, user manuals, training and marketing material.
- Identification, tracking and reporting of market and technology trends. Identify new and emerging applications for laser technology products, competitor analysis and market pricing.
- Intensive cooperation with sales, engineering, procurement and operations.
- Reporting of achieved results.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, my client is looking for:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in bio-physics, biology, bio-chemistry or similar applied science qualification.
- Practical knowledge within a Sales and/or Technical Marketing.
- Knowledge of product management from concept through to completion.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to produce and deliver strong presentations.
- Team player but self starter.
- International travel to customer sites & exhibitions.
What's on Offer
£45,000 - £50,000 + Benefits