- Development of product strategy and value proposition
- Digital innovation in a global events business
About Our Client
Our client is a blue chip global events business.
The success of new digital capability is dependent on a joined-up approach between the digital team, the vendor and the show team. This role will help balance the competing needs and knowledge of vendor, platform and show team to define the objectives and metrics of the products and drive performance towards that goal in the interests of the best customer experience and the wider strategic goals of Digital Innovation.
- Developing a product strategy through deep understanding of the vendor value proposition and the end to end journey.
- Work with pricing experts to set pricing and volume targets to realise revenue goals.
- Setting of pilot objectives with the Event Director sponsoring the pilot in line with the specific show strategy.
- Develop understanding of the show customer segments and the drivers behind the why the product solution is needed.
- Use customer research to inform and qualify product opportunities and to refine propositions.
- Defining metrics to indicate success linked directly to the product.
- Assessing the fit between the show requirements and product benefits.
- Keeping up to date with and leveraging emerging technologies and event technology.
- Creating documentation to communicate vendor value propositions and implementation guidance, in collaboration with the vendor.
- Defining a task plan and matching that to agreed internal and external resource.
- Budget control including vendor price negotiations, fulfilment, and onsite resources.
- Collating and presenting pilot performance against targets, learnings and recommendations and sharing this with a global audience to drive product adoption and global best practice.
The Successful Applicant
- Solid background in Digital Product Management having managed the development and performance of digital platforms and products, preferably in an international environment.
- Experience of developing digital strategies to meet business objectives and managing budgets and resource to deliver against target metrics.
- Strong credentials in leveraging 3rd party suppliers to deliver digital capabilities using target metrics and performance reviews to drive success.
- Able to demonstrate the role of research and insight to inform product development with a customer centric approach.
- Familiarity with testing hypotheses through A/B testing and statistical analysis.
- Comfortable working with technical and non-technical stakeholders and able to present information for different levels of the organisation internationally.
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills working from a Corporate perspective with global business unit market teams.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, face to face and by phone and email.
- Ability to succinctly summarise complex products and concepts to unfamiliar audiences internationally.
- Fluency in another language beneficial (especially French, Japanese).
What's on Offer
£50,000 to £70,000 plus bonus commensurate with experience.
Hybrid office / home working model.