Company that has increased turnover by nearly 300% in the past 18 months
Market leading product range
About Our Client
Market leading chilled food company based in West London, which has seen exponential growth in the past 18 months, is stocked by all major retailers and is a well known brand in the industry.
The key responsibilities of the Product Technologist are:
- Drive and maintain the highest product quality standards for our existing and new product projects
- Together with the Head of Innovation, develop new product recipes and find technical solutions to deliver our Innovation Strategy
- Develop and maintain the product information & manufacturing specification systems for all our products
- Ensure our products are safe, and their product claims are fully compliant with all relevant legislation. Lead their product safety planning, investigating, and resolving any quality issues
- Ensure their contract manufacturers are fully compliant with internal and customer technical standards (BRC, SALSA)
- Lead the Nutritional Claims agenda and work with the Marketing team to deliver best communication
- Be the 'go-to' technical contact for the team and customers, supporting Audits and managing the technical relationships
- Monitor latest industry developments that we can leverage to improve their competitive edge.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Product Technologist will:
- A passion for high quality, healthy food
- Degree educated in relevant discipline e.g. Food Science, Nutrition, etc.
- Prior Food Technology experience, ideally in Dairy
- Strong and up to date knowledge of the regulatory framework: EU claims, product safety, pack compliance, HACCP, BRC, retailer accreditation's
- Experience in creating and managing product and manufacturing specifications
- Experience of working within factories, and with contract manufacturers
- Extensive experience of using specification and/or recipe management systems, including customer systems
- Highly numerate with strong attention to detail and organisation skills, solutions focused
- Pro-active, self-disciplined and comfortable challenging the status quo
- Excellent communicator; thrives in a fast paced and pressured environment.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits package