Production Engineer in East Sussex.
Join a successful and global design and manufacturing business.
About Our Client
My client is a market leading design and manufacturing business in East Sussex.
The Production Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Improving and maintaining existing production processes, using lean tools to deliver right first time product to meet a demanding production schedule and customer base.
- Analyse and eliminate quality and production issues by using the appropriate problem solving techniques.
- Facilitating regular Kaizen events using Lean and Six Sigma methodologies to help maintain and promote a culture of continuous improvement throughout the factory.
- Working on the implementation of factory layout projects to optimise the use of floor space, materials flow, personnel and cell design.
- Design and source tooling requirements for all manufacturing processes and NPI.
- Introduce new products into production. Ensuring all NPI milestones are delivered on time in the most cost effective way.
- Identify areas for improvement and produce coherent improvement plans.
- Carryout studies to establish baseline measurements and use the data to drive implementation of efficiency savings.
- Being able to communicate to all levels, both verbally and through documentation, including training shopfloor staff.
- Playing a leading role in the drive to achieve manufacturing excellence.
The Successful Applicant
- Production Engineer or Manufacturing Engineer is a similar design and manufacturing business.
- HNC or Degree level qualification in Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of mechanical assembly and fixtures.
- Knowledge gained in the electronics industry would be an advantage.
- Excellent problem solver and have proven practical knowledge using Lean and Six Sigma tools.
What's on Offer
£40,000 - £42,000 + benefits