Great new opportunity for Production Engineer or CI Engineer based in Wakefield
Located in Wakefield my client are a leading Design and manufacturing business
About Our Client
Located in Wakefield my client are a leading Design and manufacturing business supplying into a range of markets including the building industry. This position is a new position to market and would fit progressive candidates looking for a quick route to management.
As the Production Engineer / CI Engineer you will work alongside our existing Manufacturing Engineer on multiple NPI and process improvements projects across the manufacturing facility, based in Wakefield you will have the following main duties:
- Define and document clear written specifications and procedures to direct the Operations team in effective and efficient product assembly and test
- Develop, document and improve required tooling and associated test jigs, in a timely manner, by liaising with the design and manufacturing teams, to guarantee product quality and operational productivity and efficiency
- Manage and review all operational product and process documentation and ERP system information changes (including bills of materials, product routings and design change requests)
- Liaise with the design and manufacturing teams to review and develop suitable operational processes and testing systems, to successfully manufacture high quality new products which meet customer specifications and delivery expectations
- Undertake detailed analysis using statistical methods, providing relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) to evidence process weakness and measure improvement whilst proposing and implementing corrective actions
- Establish productive, dynamic, working relationships with the Engineering, Design and Manufacturing departments, prioritising the required work and maintaining regular associations through meetings and communications to discuss any issues
The Successful Applicant
To apply for the Production Engineer / CI Engineer position you will be a self driven, self-starting, problem solver with the ability to manage multiple ongoing projects by using your own initiative:
- A recognised qualification or demonstrable experience in an engineering discipline.
- A successful track record of change and process improvement.
- Customer focused and target driven.
- Ability to identify solutions based on a mixture of analysis, experience and judgement.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- An effective verbal and written communicator all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to coach and train others in Lean techniques.
- A self-motivated problem solver
- Possess excellent H&S awareness.
What's on Offer
Salary for this Monday to Friday, days based position is £40,000 - £45,000.