Production Engineering Manager
New, Production Engineering Manager position based in Barnsley.
This is a Monday to Friday, days based position with progression opportunity.
About Our Client
Based in Barnsley my client are one of the largest manufacturers of mobile platforms in the UK. They supply various engineering products worldwide and currently employ over 80 employees on this site. Due to internal changes the business is now looking to recruit a Production Engineering Manager.
Reporting into the Operations Manager as the Production Engineering Manager you will be based at the manufacturing facility and will support all engineering related actions generated through the Stakeholder meeting process:
- Develop hands on analysis, problem solving and improvement of all production processes, methods and engineering specifications.
- Manage the development and implementation of ISO 18001 Health & Safety Management System to achieve and maintain accreditation.
- To develop, maintain and support the implementation of Management systems.
- Support the reduction in overall manufacturing costs through improved Standardisation.
- To structure, manage, coach and audit the team through the deployment of lean management principles, to address part and process issues and reduces costs.
- Development and auditing of and to the company standards document, through agreed central standards.
- Identifying, evaluate and test tooling and equipment to improve legacy product production requirements to reduce processing times and reduce costs.
The Successful Applicant
To apply for the position of Production Engineering Manager based in Barnsley you will have a Degree or HNC in Engineering, Design or related subject.
You will also have;
- Leadership experience in a Continuous Improvement/LEAN deployment function within Automotive, Aerospace & Engineering.
- Excellent capability with Kaizen/LEAN/Six Sigma problem resolution techniques.
- Excellent understanding of Manufacturing Process: Welding, Machining, Bending and Finishing (Paint).
- Understanding of Six Sigma and the related DMAIC approach to persistent problems would be beneficial.
- Understanding of costing models, standard costing methods and time study techniques.
- Understanding of MRP / Manufacturing Systems and QM Modules and/or willingness to undertake specific training and development in this area.
What's on Offer
Salary is £35,000 - £45,000.