Production Leader - PM Shift
Opportunity working for a market leading business
Must be happy to work a permanent shift pattern
About Our Client
Berendsen is part of Elis, which as one group form a Pan-European textile, hygiene and facility service leader. They deliver value-added textile, hygiene and safety solutions across 28 countries in Europe & Latin America and have more than 45,000 employees delivering these services to customers every single day. They are industry leaders because their customers appreciate their commitment to both quality and service.
Berendsen values the effort that every one of their 45,000 people puts in, day and night, to deliver an exceptional service. Nobody can match their understanding of the importance of innovations or the skills required to deliver them. Their customers know that partnering with Berendsen enables them to benefit from continuous improvements in efficiency and this translates directly into reduced costs and lower environmental impact. Berendsen in the UK has over 9,000 employees working at over 60 sites, making them a major UK employer
- Ensure compliance with safety rules and legislation including correct training for staff on plant and machinery in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Manage the Production operation to produce quality products which meet the customers packing requirements, are produced efficiently and delivered at the agreed time.
- Train, motivate, monitor and coach the production team to ensure Operational Excellence is achieved and Service Excellence is maintained.
- Ensure site inductions and workwear are deployed to staff and visitors
- Empower staff to take personal responsibility for ensuring that all necessary actions are taken in response to requests, ensuring that this is done within agreed timescales
- Provide supervision and direction to your Production team to ensure Operational Excellence is achieved and maintained
- Coach, motivate and support staff at all times encouraging team work.
- Contribute to feedback and debriefing sessions to identify common operational issues and identify opportunities to improve policies processes and procedures
The Successful Applicant
- Practical knowledge of LEAN Six Sigma methodologies
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to develop effective working relationships across all levels of management and staff.
- Leadership and People Management skills; recruitment, induction, PDR process, performance management, absence management etc.
- Highly customer focused
- Attention to detail
- Excellent ability to execute the organisational plan
- Ability to make decisions
- Flexible and able to react quickly to the needs of the customer & Berendsen
- Basic PC literacy
- Ability to deliver quality results under pressure
What's on Offer
This role is paying between £30,000 - £35,000 + Package