Production Manager role with leading FTSE 250 company.
Opportunity to develop culture and drive continuous improvement.
About Our Client
Berendsen is part of Elis, which as one group form a Pan-European textile, hygiene and facility service leader. They deliver value-added textile, hygiene and safety solutions across 28 countries in Europe & Latin America and have more than 45,000 employees delivering these services to customers every single day. They are industry leaders because their customers appreciate their commitment to both quality and service.
Berendsen values the effort that every one of their 45,000 people puts in, day and night, to deliver an exceptional service. Nobody can match their understanding of the importance of innovations or the skills required to deliver them. Their customers know that partnering with Berendsen enables them to benefit from continuous improvements in efficiency and this translates directly into reduced costs and lower environmental impact. Berendsen in the UK has over 9,000 employees working at over 60 sites, making them a major UK employer.
Based at their Merton, South West London site the Production Manager will lead, manage and continually develop the production teams in the achievement of functional objectives that support the Site/Plant and Company Business Plan. Work closely with the engineering, service and logistics teams to continuously improve site overall effectiveness ensuring utilisation of production facilities, people development and a lean culture. Responsibilities:
- To ensure that the company's vision, values and policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure the production department complies with Group and plant Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with quality standards and requirements, analysing the results and ensuring corrective action is implemented to continuously improve the working environment.
- Effectively plan, organise and coordinate resources to meet the production requirements of laundering or manufacturing/decontaminating all pieces on time in full (OTIF) and to the specifications within the client contracts.
- Run continuous improvement discussions/forums and quality circles to investigate and analyse all production related issues and to ensure ongoing continuous improvement.
- Develop, propose and agree functional budgets with General Manager, monitoring, managing and controlling all activities in accordance with the agreed functional budget and KPI's, investigating and resolving any variances.
- Work with the GM to develop strategic plans for all operational activity and capital requests.
- Lead, manage, control and develop all employees (including SOM, absence, performance management, grievances and Health and Safety Training) using SMART objectives during regular review and feedback meetings.
- Deputise for GM in their absence.
- Ensure productivity, cost effectiveness, quality and service in the production process of all lines.
- Liaise and work with other departments to ensure any issues are resolved as quickly as possible.
- Liaise with customers where appropriate to ensure service commitments are realised and keep in contact with the service teams to update on issues and agree corrective actions as required.
- Generate and analyse reports/KPIs making recommendations on trends, improvements and corrective actions to achieve and enhance operational excellence.
- Contribute to the reduction of impact to the environment e.g. energy usage.
The Successful Applicant
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and/or a proven track record from a lean manufacturing and production / process industry.
- Proven knowledge within production, supply chain and /or service management as a Production Manager.
- Knowledge of Lean (Six Sigma) methodologies.
- Knowledge of implementing continuous improvement programmes.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- A Able to listen to and influence peer group and department team members to build and lead effective working teams.
- Good attention to detail and the can analyse data and interpret the information effectively to continuously improve the department and/or team. Organise self and others to ensure tasks are carried out in a timely manner.
- IT skills (email, all MS Office software including Project and PowerPoint).
- Proactive customer focused approach to service delivery.
- Financial knowledge covering budgeting forecasting. ERP systems (AX preferred).
What's on Offer
Â£40,000 - Â£55,000 + Benefits