About Our Client
Michael Page are pleased to be supporting a leading global technology and manufacturing leader with the appointment of a permanent Production Manager to be based at their Swindon site. This is a newly created role and as the successful candidate you will take responsibility for two Production Supervisors and 45 operators.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the challenge is to successfully manage the Plant Operations processes that will improve our clients Quality, Cost and Delivery performance.
Leading and driving teams to meet and exceed performance targets in a highly pressurised environment; overall responsibility encompasses managing 3 shifts Monday to Friday with a significant number of weekend overtime shifts.
- Manage the behaviour and motivation of all team shift leaders through regular individual assessment and coaching.
- Efficiently use labour to maximise efficiency and match demand.
- Ensure the required output and product quality standards set are achieved and regularly report back performance.
- Develop capability of shift managers, process technicians and machine operators.
- Actively promote improved housekeeping and safe working practices.
- Ensure that continuous improvement activities are identified and driven to completion.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience in a wide variety of manufacturing processes; developed a fundamental understanding of the key requirements to lead Continuous Improvement in a broad range of manufacturing models.
- Proven track record of Project Management / Project Execution.
- Experience of delivering manufacturing solutions.
- The ability to communicate effectively, work within cross functional teams, assimilate data and lead decision making.
- Be familiar with the current requirements of the industrial Quality requirements. i.e ISO 9000/14000/18000
What's on Offer
This is an excellent opportunity for a proven Production Manager to join a leading manufacturing business offering you the career progression into a Plant Manager role in the future.