Days based Production Manager for a well established company in Alfreton.
This is a Monday to Friday, days based position with progression opportunity.
About Our Client
Based in Alfreton my client are a growing manufacturing company who currently employ circa 70 people across 3 sites. They are very H&S and Quality of product driven with a successful track record of people development. Due to expansion they are now looking to recruit a new Production Manager to increase the capacity and flow of the factory.
As the Production Manager you will report directly into the Operations Director and be based at the Alfreton manufacturing plant. This position will be a varied and challenging role with an integral part of the role being to develop and implement operational excellence in order to drvie KPI's and efficiency in all areas of production whilst leading and developing operators.
- Create and maintain the production schedule for your team, ensuring that all jobs are assigned and allocated accordingly, and deadlines are met.
- Monitors projects costs to enable the business to be as profitable as possible.
- Ensuring quality throughout the production floor and resolve any issues to keep the projects on track.
- Determine the human resources required and skill matrix.
- Determine the material requirements to support the production plan.
- Ensure adherence to the health and safety regulation are met.
- Ensure adherence to the operating procedures for production operations.
- Support, set and monitor product quality standards.
- Determine and implement improvements to the production process.
- Monitor and review the performance of staff.
- Estimate production costs and manage production budgets.
- Implement initiatives to drive down cost and improve quality
The Successful Applicant
To apply for the position of Production Manager you will have a background in manufacturing and living within a commutable distance of Alfreton:
Experience and Qualifications:
Previous experience working as a Production Manager
- A strong manufacturing background ideally supported by qualifications to HNC, HND or degree level
- A real passion for Continuous Improvement and implementing simple but effective KPIs.
- An understanding of cell manufacturing and establishing production systems that can handle a product mix.
- An ability to coach, train and educate employees in modern manufacturing techniques, able to generate a high-performance culture focused on delivery and excellent customer service
- Dynamic, data driven, numerate with an excellent understanding of capacity planning and production scheduling
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - including analysis, interpretation & reasoning Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization as-well as external clients
What's on Offer
Salary is £30,000 to £38,000 and Junior Team Leaders and Supervisors will be also considered.