Growing Manufacturing Company
Market Leader in its field
About Our Client
Our client is a growing manufacturing company with operations across Greater Manchester
We are looking for an experienced and driven individual to join our Manufacturing team covering our sites in Macclesfield, Middleton and Bolton.
The main purpose of this role is to oversee the day to day running of a variety of production facilities including woodworking, metal fabrication, soft seating, and furniture assembly. Each production environment should be managed in line with SHEQ standards, in particular ensuring the production of quality components and finished goods to meet customer demand.Key responsibilities include:
- Execute the production schedule, ensuring that machinery and resources are available to meet production requirements. In addition, ensure optimisation of all resources to meet fluctuating demands.
- Establishing production programme priorities, monitoring progress and revising schedules as necessary to address any issues that arise.
- Continuously measure, evaluate and report on departmental performance against daily loading schedules.
- Maintaining agreed SHEQ standards within all manufacturing areas, ensuring best practices are employed.
- Maintain the manufacturing budget by controlling costs at all sites.
- Utilise continuous improvement and Lean manufacturing techniques to initiate and implement improvements.
- Manage, coach and mentor supervisory management and operational teams to increase engagement levels, and improve productivity.
- Establish a development plan across manufacturing to achieve cross-functional multi skilling.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have extensive experience within a similar role, preferably within the furniture industry although other manufacturing backgrounds will be considered.
Additional requirements include:
- Flexible in their approach, with the ability to prioritise a heavy workload with constant changing priorities.
- Strong communication and people management skills with the ability to cultivate strong working relationships.
- Appropriate experience of qualification in Lean manufacturing techniques and continuous improvement initiatives.
What's on Offer
£40,000 plus benefits