Market leading manufacturer of Precision Engineered products
About Our Client
A market leading manufacturer of precision engineered products.
Reporting into the Operations Director, your responsibilities will include:
- Maintain a safe working environment, enforcing adherence to established safe working practices and using the SAFER process to drive continuous improvement in safety performance. Participate in the investigation of any safety related accidents or incidents and take the lead in ensuring rigorous implementation of any resulting corrective / preventive actions.
- Manage Value Stream quality ensuring adherence to specified process controls and established factory floor quality system processes. Proactively lead quality improvement and problem-solving activities to continuously improve Value Stream first time quality rates, focusing on employee engagement to identify sustainable improvement actions.
- Work closely with Customer Services / Sales functions to understand current and future customer demand projections.
- Manage Value Stream and production cell capacities to match current and future customer demand while optimising labour productivity and cost.
- Manage and report on Value Stream KPIs including on time delivery (OTD), labour productivity, first time quality rates, overall equipment effectiveness (OEE), using the data to identify and drive for opportunities for improvement.
- Prepare and maintain standardised work documentation including work instructions, standard work combination charts, and visual aids to define and maintain standard work methods, standard process times and standard levels of inventory in each production cell within the Value Stream.
- Identify and lead process improvement projects in own Value Stream including the preparation of capital expenditure (CAPEX) requests where necessary.
- Participate in cross-functional new product development projects using the APQP process framework.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be successful in your application, you will ideally have the following:
- Knowledge of safety management in a manufacturing environment - IOSH preferred.
- Experience working within an ISO9001 quality framework with a good understanding of process control and quality in production.
- Understanding of process control documentation including FMEA, control plans, work instructions and standardised work.
- People management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in facilitating improvement activities in a workshop environment.
- Production planning experience using work order control within and MRP system.
- Engineering background with the ability to manage day to day engineering support for own process and larger improvement projects potentially involving capital spend.
- Good communication and IT skills (MS Office, MRP systems etc.)
- Experience in the deployment of lean tools and techniques with a strong emphasis on people engagement.
What's on Offer
This will be based on individual's experience
You will be joining a business that offers excellent development opportunities; job security and dynamic working.