About Our Client
A global food manufacturing business that operates in a very people led way, giving all of the benefits of a local business operation.
- To ensure operational performance through efficient and effective use of plant and people resources whilst maintaining Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
- To drive and improve production, Health and Safety and Quality standards
- To optimise and implement the objectives, goals, strategies and measures (OGSM) and create a continuous improvement environment in order to attain targets in production, Environmental Health & Safety, service quality, cost control and engagement
- To lead and improve Overall Equipment Efficiencies (OEE) for all the production lines.
- To minimise waste through continuous Improvements.
To manage and develop direct reports, including; succession planning, identifying gaps and training needs and ensuring personal development plans are in place and reviewed
- To activity participate in local and regional meetings sharing performance data and best practices
- Undertake any specific projects
The Successful Applicant
- HNC in Engineering, Food Science or proven relevant experience
- Formal Environmental or Safety Qualification e.g. IOSH or NEBOSH certificate is advantageous and is committed to ensuring a culture of 'Zero Harm' at all times
- Experience in a production or engineering role in food process operations, including the management of people and production units
- Sound communication and influencing skills, able to communicate clear objectives to team members, provide feedback and suggest performance improvements
- Experience with production shift systems and optimal workforce planning
- Familiarity with SAP and other business software
- A continuous improvement mentality, formal knowledge and use of CI tools would be an advantage
What's on Offer
This role comes with excellent opportunities for development