Successful small business that are looking to grow
A hands on role leading a small production team
About Our Client
Small manufacturing firm based in Gloucestershire specialise in offering bespoke fabrications, and standard size
products from stock. They carry out a multitude of processes and design and build their own
equipment. They specialise in problem solving and their R&D team offer development and proto-typing
solutions with a fast turnaround.
They have two production sites based in Gloucestershire and Scotland.
The business prides itself on their reputation for delivering excellent customer service, a long run approach and is committed to continuous improvement.
This is an exciting new role working with a loyal and enthusiastic team, to enable growth and continued increases in professionalism. The full scope of the role is what you make of it! You will need to gradually acquire an understanding of the attributes of the products and the processing constraints.
Overall there are 22 team members across the two production sites, covering all areas of the business. You
would be working alongside three department heads at the Gloucestershire site - Customer Service, Accounts &
R&D, all of whom work closely with the Managing Director.
The Production Manager will be responsible for :
- Responsible for production facility
- Be a hands-on progressive manager who exceeds expectation and drives continuous improvement.
- Lead a team and manage consistent application of process, ensuring that products are manufactured to the agreed production plan and standards
- Continuously monitor raw materials, all operations processes and the overall production environment
- Ensuring that communication between departments is ongoing
- Health & Safety within the production areas.
- To produce production plans by scheduling and assigning personnel, accomplishing work results, establishing priorities, monitoring progress, revising schedules, reporting results on shift production rates against targets and produce KPI's
- Identify and implement new policies and procedures relating to the production process 'to ensure continuous improvement.
- Identifying any skills gaps in the organisation and undertaking a recruitment programme to support this.
- Monitor and review the team capability, ensuring all staff are clearly focused on their objectives and are developed to maximise their potential
- Providing a leadership support function to teams and motivating staff to achieve production goals.
- Managing budgets and costs effectively in respect of the planning process.
- Acting as a liaison to senior management and board of directors to keep them up to date with shop floor matters.
- Implementation of any new policies and procedures relating to the production process.
The Successful Applicant
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Must have recently worked in a production environment with some planning/scheduling
- Willingness to carry out our production processes to understand them first-hand.
- Be able to make robust decisions, to resolve issues quickly
- Have proven hands-on supervisory experience and knowledge of leading teams
- Excellent hands-on problem-solving skills
- High level understanding of health & safety and environmental legislation
- Demonstrate analytical skills - able to pull actionable insight from data
- A good understanding of production with practical experience of manufacturing processes
- Experience in the delivery of production targets
- High level of numeracy and literacy skills including a competent grasp of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to collate, interpret and present management information such as production targets and financial monitoring.
- Ability to work in a busy environment whilst ensuring the highest standards of accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflict and difficult situations
- A willingness to learn new skills and a thirst for knowledge
- Trained in Health & Safety
What's on Offer