- Growing Manufacturing Company
- Senior Management Role
About Our Client
Our client is a growing industrial manufacturing company based in Blackburn.
An proven Production Manager or Manufacturing Manager is required with responsibility for the overall management of a bespoke manufacturing unit.* Dealing with low batch volume, high variety and complex manufacturing and for ensuring overall efficiency of the department, whilst meeting On Time Delivery performance targets.* Plan and scheduling capacity to meet demand; Interface with sales function; Utilisation of manpower; machines; Sub contractor expediting; Communications - visuals KPI, graphs etc; * Manufacturing strategies, manage and evaluate machine resources to ensure maximum productivity and minimal downtime along with longer term growth strategy identification. * Establish workflow policies that enhance speed and efficiency without compromising product safety or integrity.* Engineering solutions, continuous Improvement methods on existing practices; Scrap reviews; Technical Solutions. - Engineering Deployment; ensuring efficient integration with manufacturing whilst ensuring efficient task flow management. * Long term resource planning: Man power; Capex; Layouts. * Strive to reduce expenditure and increase productivity across all product lines * Team leadership, motivation and engagement: Performance management; Salary reviews; Communications; Appraisals; Staff development; team building. * Ensure teams are facilitated collaboratively to continuously improve our processes * Stock control: Managing and control of high value inventory of raw materials and finished goods and consumables. * Equipment maintenance: Liaising with maintenance team * Financial controls: Budget setting and control; Forecasts; Monthly review.
* Guarantee support to the commercial area and quality in the solution of problems related to the phases of feasibility analysis, production and after sales
The Successful Applicant
- A proven production manager working in a SME manufacturing environment
- One preferably with an engineering background - a degree or other relevant qualification, or equivalent
- Accomplished Manufacturing background - open on sector, preferably industrial but the client will also consider FMCG environments as long as the engineering background is still evident
- Clear capability to progress with the organisation into a more senior role
- Strong management, leadership and people development skills
- A strong blend of characteristics and skills, being able to demonstrate the ability to act as a hands-on manager but also be capable of managing upwards and influencing at senior management level.
What's on Offer
Excellent salary dependent on current package plus a realistic opportunity to progress and further develop your career.