Production Operations Manager
Brand New Operations Manager vacancy based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire.
You will look at driving improvements across the whole manufacturing business.
About Our Client
Based in Sheffield my client is a leading manufacturer of products that are used within a range of industries including Construction, Metalwork and Household Improvements. They supply their products worldwide and due to market improvements are currently going through a positive phase of growth, and now need to recruit a highly motivated, proven Production Operations Manager (Manufacturing and Production).
Reporting directly into the Plant Manager you will have overall responsibility for three main areas of the business including Production, Packaging and Engineering. You will be a key player in driving continuous improvements across the manufacturing facility with the main focus on streamlining production areas.
As the successful candidate you will be based at the manufacturing facility in Sheffield and to apply for this role you will have a strong engineering background due to the nature of this role. My client has stated any qualifications within the engineering or Six Sigma function would prove highly beneficial to your application.
- This role will work across all areas of the business including Production, Packaging, Quality, Engineering and H&S.
- You will have full responsibility for improving performances across your area of the business by engaging team members and promoting best practice, machine reliability and personnel accountability.
- You will lead, integrate, coach and improve your team members which include Shift Managers, Team Leaders, Production Engineers and Shop floor staff.
- You will be a vital link in the Senior management structure and play a key role in ensuring the factory is as efficient, flexible and competitive as possible.
- You will create a real positive environment on the shop floor, encouraging operators to take ownership for monitoring machine performance, collecting data and generating ideas and solutions.
- You will improve passing of information between the engineering and quality team to enable future process flow improvements, while reducing quality issues.
- You will help the business transition and implement a QHSE Management System, getting heavily involved with supporting the quality function.
- Health & Safety is the most important thing to the business and this role will be a key member of the Health & Safety leadership team.
The Successful Applicant
To apply for the Production Operations Manager position you will need a strong engineering background and proven experience in leading a multi-disciplined team. A Manufacturing understanding is also very important and any qualifications within Lean Six Sigma would prove highly beneficial.
The successful candidate will have:
- An experienced Leader who can develop and implement strategy
- Qualified in an Engineering discipline Ideally degree but not essential
- Tangible examples of making factory improvements
- Ability to influence positive change
- Six Sigma qualification
What's on Offer
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Production Operations Manager to have a real impact on growing an organisation. You will have the chance to progress your career including future training and development and the Salary is £40,000 to £55,000.