- I'm looking for a skilled Production Planner with good MRP knowledge
- Having a background in engineering & manufacturing is essential
About Our Client
I've exclusively partnered up with a market leading Engineering & Manufacturing business which supply high quality products to an ever-growing customer base.
Playing a pivotal role within this business, the Production Planner will have the following responsibilities:
- Working with and understanding MRP, meeting customer's expectation, planning to fit capacity, materials availability and any other constraints.
- Monitoring production and adjusting production schedules to make sure customer expectation is met.
- Action MRP messages/alerts daily to ensure production schedules are in line with customer needs.
- Analysing capacity plan during capacity meeting understanding project forecast and current workload, ensuring capacity levels are matching the volume of orders.
- Identifying missing parts and liaising with material schedulers to ensure on time arrival.
- Interaction - Collaborate with production department to resolve material issues / shortages, & others based on priorities.
- Responsible for planning production lines and covering a range of SKU's
- Analysing on time production, finding out root cause for shortages liaising with production manager & purchasing manager to prevent re-occurrence.
- Generating meaningful KPI to measure own performance and other departmental functions.
- Running various reports from the SAP ERP System and into MS Excel.
- Responsible for attending meetings/deputising for others as necessary
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Production Planner role will ideally have the following key skills and qualities:
- Previous experience within a similar planning/supply chain role
- Experience within manufacturing is essential
- An understanding of a bill of materials is essential
- Must be able to Problem Solve as an individual and part of a team.
- Must be able to work fully on their own initiative but still be a contributory member of the team.
What's on Offer
- Good benefits package