Production Shift Manager
NEW Production Shift Manager vacancy based in Liversedge, West Yorkshire.
Are you currently working as a Shift Manager looking for your next career step?
About Our Client
Located near, Liversedge in West Yorkshire my client is a large, fast paced manufacturing business who supply products worldwide. They have come through a positive revamp over the last few years and now looking to recruit a Permanent Production Shift Manager to join the team. This is a very exciting opportunity to join a stable yet growing organisation, with the chance of future progression. If you are looking for a new challenge with excellent rates of pay please apply below.
As the Production Shift Manager you will be based at the Manufacturing and Production site in Liversedge, West Yorkshire were you will report directly into the Operations Manager. As the Shift Manager you will lead an integrated team of operators in the achievement of performance targets in a designated area of the factory. In addition, the role will have responsibility for continuously improving performance in the section by engaging team members and promoting best practice, machine reliability and personnel accountability.
You will responsible for all Production, HSE, Quality and Improvements within your specific area and will be based on a 12 hour shifts where some flexibility will be required. You will be a vital link in the factory management structure, as it plays a key role in ensuring that the factory is as efficient, flexible and competitive as it possibly can be.
- Create a positive environment on the shop floor.
- Encouraging operators to take ownership for monitoring machine performance.
- Collecting data and generating ideas and solutions.
- Set clear provision of objectives which will be critical for sections to achieve their targets.
- Planning and organising production schedules.
- Ensuring that health and safety regulations are met at all times.
- Determining quality control standards and implementing improvement.
- Overseeing all production processes within the manufacturing cells.
- Re-negotiating timescales or schedules as necessary.
- Supervising the work of junior staff including Team Leaders.
- Organising relevant training sessions and employee development.
The Successful Applicant
To apply for the position of Production Shift Manager you must have a background in a Supervisory or Production Management due to having the responsibility of a large team of employees. A Manufacturing understanding is also very important and any qualifications within Engineering, Lean Six Sigma or Quality would also prove beneficial.
This position will be based on a 12 hour shift which includes Days and Nights. My client are wanting to see candidates who are looking to progress quickly, and come with a strong Production background.
What's on Offer
The salary for this position will be £35,000 to £50,000.